MAGNUS THE ALLURE Cabernet Sauvignon, St Helena & Coombsville
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Gold Medal - San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition; Double Gold American Fine Wine Competition
- Inaugural Release, vineyard designated wine—Exclusive to Travelfood
- Long Meadow Ranch (St Helena) and Bennett Ranch (Coombsville) fruit as in the best of both worlds
- This is well structured, refined, balanced, creamy, elegant—and that was first sip.
WINEMAKER: Jacqueline Yoakum. Consulting winemaker Italics, Buhman, Greggarious. Alumni of Littorai, Schramsberg, Keller, Stags Leap Wine Cellars.
WHAT WE TASTED: Instant pop of dense berry then cigar box like notes kick in. Cassis in spades and not bowled over with excessive tannins. It is so elegant through the natural fermentation like a textured lattice that holds the fruit and lifts and carries you to each height of new taste revealed if you linger. Because it will indulge.
AVA DESIGNATED: St Helena, Coombsville, Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Beef carpaccio with arugula salad
- Braised oxtail with butter beans
- Kobe beef sliders with caramelized onions
PERSONALITY: Magnus Wines are based in history; under new world terror. Magnus is a new brand that is the embodiment of an “alter ego.” Where we see dragons, the little girl inside in cape and mask is making it all happen. Try it. You’ll discover powerful dragons. And the pleasures of a vineyard's complexity revealing the magic of wildcrafted wines.
- Only 90 cases made
- 14.9% Alcohol
- 2 years 50% new French Oak