GODSPEED Cabernet Sauvignon, Mt Veeder, Napa Valley
SOLD OUT. MAY WE SUGGEST Highlands Howell Mountain Cabernet?
TCW EXCLUSIVE - Please inquire half bottles (375ml).
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Gold Medal, American Fine Wine Competition
- Rare, mountain fruit - 1500 foot elevation - above the weather
- Ed Sbragia, Bremer buy Godspeed highly prized grapes for vineyard designated wines
- A significant special on the 2011 vintage that critics are now changing their mind about. We're glad. The extra cellaring time was a great investment.
WINEMAKER: Proprietary Larry Stricker and Chris Corley: Monticello Vineyards
WHAT WE TASTED: Deep purple with a big Mt Veeder nose of truffle, vanilla, bing cherry, manzanita and blackberry. Luxurious mouthfeel with more blackberry and cocoa. Voluptuous and well structured. Silky smooth from 40 months in oak— 60% French, 30% Missouri! Excellent aging through 2021.
AVA DESIGNATED: Mt Veeder AVA, Napa
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Grilled cap steak with potatoes au gratin and broccolini
- Bistro Jeanty cassoulet
- Roasted veggies topped with tahini and quinoa
PERSONALITY: Larry Stricker is the acclaimed architect of Scottsdale's The Phoenician as well as other world famous resorts. Half of his sought after fruit is used by Sbragia, Newton, Mayacamas, Robert Craig and others. The vines are "above the weather" and consistent award winners.
- Rich Kunde Clone 8 and Clone 338
- 92% Cabernet, 8% Malbec
- 40 months in Oak - 60% French, 30 % Missouri/Blue Grass
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 15 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*